It’s that time of the year… Get ready for our annual H2O07 Assassins! The game will take place for a week starting the Wednesday after Spring Break!
Sign up period: Monday 2/18 @ noon – Friday 2/22 @ noon. Click HERE to sign up online! (Remember to log in your Rice Mail to sign up)
Water gun pickup: Monday 3/4 and Tuesday 3/5 from 12pm-2pm @ RMC Grand Hall Lobby. Participants must pick up a RPC-issued water gun in order to participate. (And bring your Rice ID)
Game: Wednesday 3/6 @ 5PM – Wednesday 3/13 @ 5PM. (This is the Wednesday after spring break)
Target names will be e-mailed to each participant before the official start of the game, so please check your e-mail on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.
So… What is H2007?
H2007 is RPC’s annual assassins competition where participating students sign up and get assigned to a random target, who they must “kill” by squirting the target person with the water gun provided by RPC. When you successfully “kill” a target, his/her target becomes your own. Your goal is to “kill” as many people as you can within a week. The game can be as intense or as casual as you want it to be.
The top 3 assassins with the most kills will win awesome gift cards to one of their following choices (The Hoot, Coffeehouse, Starbucks, or Rice Bookstore)
1st Place: $50 gift card
2nd Place: $40 gift card
3rd Place: $30 gift card
Assassins who get more than 10 kills (excluding the top 3 winners) will also get a special prize!
In order to keep the game fun and safe, every participant must agree to honor the following rules.
1. You can’t shoot a target during class time. (Anything outside class time is a fair game. Talking to a professor after class time is considered outside of class)
2. You can’t shoot a target while he/she is working a student job. If you’re working on a student job, you can’t shoot other people either.
3. Fondren is off limits: no shooting should take place inside the library.
4. You can’t shoot a person when he/she is sleeping in his/her room
5. If you shoot the person who is trying to assassinate you before he/she is able to kill you, you have 5 minutes safety to run away.
6. You have to use the RPC-issued water gun that you will pick up the Monday or Tuesday before the game. Other water guns are not allowed. This is for safety reasons, mandated by RUPD.
7. Write down the names of the targets that you successfully “killed” and keep it with you somewhere. You MUST remember the names of your targets. Once the game is over we will ask assassins with over a certain number of kills to e-mail us their list of targets in order to determine the winners.
8. Once you’ve been killed, you MUST tell your assassin your assigned target.
*You only count the number of targets you personally killed, so you do not get to “steal” the number of kills from your targets. For example, if you killed a person who killed 3 people, you still only count 1 kill.
*If you absolutely cannot find time to pick up your water gun on Monday 3/4 or Tuesday 3/5 from 12pm-2pm, you can ask a trusted friend to pick it up for you, but your friend must bring your Rice ID in order to confirm your consent.
The game is completely free and SUPER FUN! Even if you’re usually not good at this kind of game you should still try it out! Don’t forget to sign up from Monday 2/18-Friday 2/22 at noon!
If you have any questions/concerns (such as if you know someone at Rice has the same name as you), email email@example.com and we will get back to you!